English Globally, Learning Widely.

Sunday, March 4, 2018

CLOZE TEST EXERCISE

Complete the following questions with the correct answer!
Workers at the Springfield Furniture Factory went on strike yesterday. All ... (1) at the factory has stopped. Employees promise that they will not return to work until they ... (2) a new contract with the factory owners.
The Springfield ... (3) has been strong since last February when three new factories opened. Unemployment is at an all-time low. Due to an increase ... (4) job availability, workers can now demand higher pay.
(Taken from Barron's TOEIC Test 4th Edition)
1. A. produce
    B. producer
    C. production
    D. productive
2.  A. negotiate
     B. negotiator
     C. negotiable
     D. negotiation
3.  A. economical
     B. economic
     C. economize
     D. economy
4.  A. at
     B. on
     C. in
     D. of
Number 5 to 7 refer to the following advertisement!
WESTINGHOUSE
JOB OFFERING
MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE

Indonesia’s fastest-growing teenagers’ clothing company (5)... a marketing representative. Position requires travel approximately one week per month, representing the company (6) ... conferences and media events.
Required qualifications
·         A degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in marketing.
·         At least one year of experience in sales, preferably clothing.
·         (7) ...communication skills, including experience giving presentations.

Mail your resume and cover letter to
Paul Walker
Recruiting Coordinator
WESTINGHOUSE
Green Boulevard
New York A90145

5.  A. seeks
     B. gets
     C. looks
     D. searches
6.  A. at
     B. in
     C. on
     D. above
7.  A. Luxurious
     B. Familiar
     C. Great
     D. Excellent

Number 8 to 10 refer to the following letter!
Cempaka Putih Street, 57 Bogor, West Java
Personal Manager
PT. MNC Jaya
Herman Yohanes Street 1320
Jakarta

Dear sir,
I (8)… you my application for the post of technician in your company. I have completed my technical course at Buana Course. Having finished my course, I worked for PT. Menara Utama as part timer (9)… two months. I quit for environmental reasons. For further consideration, I enclose my curriculum vitae and copies of my certificates.
I would be very (10)… if you could provide me with an opportunity for an interview.

Yours faithfully,

Anggun Saskia

8.  A. send
     B. sent
     C. sending
     D. sends
9.  A. in
     B. at
     C. for
     D. since
10. A. cheerful
      B. careful
      C. doubtful
      D. grateful
30 Jalan Raya Bogosari 51361 Jan 24, 2013
HRD.Manager
Tegal Residence Hotel
Jl, Rambutan
Tegal

Dear sir/Madame,
            Being interested in the post of waiter supervisor you advertised yesterday in Suara Merdeka, I would like to apply (11)... the vacancy.
            I am 24 years old and (12)... from SMK Negeri 5 Kendal majoring in restaurant service. Currently, I am working at Sea Food Restaurant.
            Attaching copies of my certificates, CV, and my recent photograph, I am (13)...  for an interview at your convenience. I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Faithfully yours
Ilham Agung
11.  A. at
       B. on
       C. for
       D. in
12.  A. graduated
       B. graduate
       C. graduation
       D. graduating
13.  A. availability
       B. able
       C. available
       D. ability


***Good_Luck***

0 komentar:

Post a Comment