English Globally, Learning Widely.

Monday, March 12, 2018

Sample of Conversation Exam

Examiner: Hello ........., hello ......... My name is ......
Phase 1a (4–5 minutes)
The Examiner will select questions from those provided in the test pack, in a variety of areas such as name, nationality, work/study, where candidates live, and free time activities.
Name:
  • What is your (full) name?
  • Can I have your name please?
  • Could you tell me your full name please?
  • Can you spell it for me?
Nationality/where candidates live:
  • Where do you come from?
  • Which country are you from?
  • Where is your hometown located?
  • How long have you lived here?
Work/study:
  • What do you do?
  • Do you work or are you a student?
  • What are you studying now?
  • What do you like about your job? / What do you like about studying?
  • Do you enjoy your work? Why? Why not?
Free time activities:
  • Do you have any hobbies?
  • What are some of your hobbies?
  • What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
Weekend plans – prompt questions
  • Who do you like to go out with at the weekend? (What do you do?)
  • Do you like going to new places? (Why?/Why not?)
  • Which places are good for children to go to?
  • What do people in your country like to do in their free time?
Examiner: Thank you. That is the end of the test.



  1. Do you think it’s important to be on time?
Yeah, I think it definitely is, because it’s basic manners to be on the dot for things. You know, I think you’d agree it’s pretty rude to keep people waiting, and so it kind of makes a bad impression on people.
  1. How do you feel when others are late?
Well I guess it kind of depends, because I mean, if there’s a good reason for being late, you know, like getting stuck in traffic, then I will not really mind that much. But you know, if the person does not really have any excuse and it’s simply because they could not be bothered to arrive on time, then I suppose I might  feel a bit annoyed.
  1. Are you, yourself, late very often?
If yes: Yeah, I am. And I know it’s a bad habit, but for some reason, no matter how hard I try, I always seem to end up being late for things !
If no: No, I would say I’m dead on time. You know, most of the time I’m pretty good with being on time for things, because I always make a quite big effort not to be late to avoid being pushed for time.
      4.  How do you feel  when you are  late?
I feel pretty bad, especially if I’ve kept the other person waiting for a long time. So if I know I’m gonna be late, I will always try to let the person know in advance, you know, like send them a text message or something, so at least they know when to expect me.
     5.  Do you Wear a Watch?
If yes: Yeah I do – you can see it right here !
If no: No I do not, because I do not think it’s really necessary to wear a watch anymore. You know, if I wanna know the time, I’ll just look on my mobile !

0 komentar:

Post a Comment